Dinah tagged me so I have to list 50 things about myself. I share several with her, which, of course, makes perfect sense given all the time we spent together in high school :-)
1. I am obsessed with Friends and own all of the seasons on DVD.
2. My husband does not like the fact that I'm obsessed with Friends and tries to watch it as little as possible.
3. Three is a magic number. Yes, it is...and it's also my favorite number. I also prefer numbers that are divisible by 3. Go ahead, commence laughing.
4. I attended a Baptist women's college in Alabama and loved it.
5. I love to read, but since I'm in school I don't always get to read what I'd like to read.
6. I like to shop, but refuse to pay full price for anything (not even my wedding dress).
7. The Paper Bag Princess is my favorite children's book.
8. I played Lucy in my college's production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and still have the costume.
9. Chad and I dressed up as Lucy and Charlie Brown for a Halloween party soon after we had started dating.
10. I also played Kurt in my college's production of The Sound of Music. Have I mentioned that I went to a women's college? :-)
11. When I was 21, I got my bellybutton pierced. I LOVED having a bellybutton ring.
12. I would still have a belly button ring, but I had to take it out for my emergency gallbladder surgery and waited too long to put it back in.
13. I considered getting it pierced again, but somehow thought it wouldn't sound as cool telling my future children that Mommy got her bellybutton pierced at 27 as it would that she did it when she was 21.
14. My parents got a divorce when I was in college and I was kind of blindsided by it.
15. Mulan is one of my favorite Disney movies EVER.
16. I'd really like to have a daughter someday so that I can pass on my middle name since it's a family name.
17. I love to do Sudoku puzzles.
18. I have published a couple of articles in Baptist journals.
19. I still don't know how to buy the right shades/colors of makeup for my skin tone. Anyone want to offer me a free consultation?
20. My career goal is to become a college professor.
21. My husband and I spent 3 weeks in southern Sudan in January '06 teaching Hebrew to Sudanese priests.
22. I am addicted to lists: to-do lists, grocery lists, packing lists...you name it, I want to make one and start marking off my accomplishments!
23. I have naturally curly hair and love it. I don't know what I'd do if I actually had to "fix" my hair everyday.
24. I also own a hair straightener that gets used from time to time for special occasions. :-)
25. I met my husband Chad at seminary. I disagreed with him the first day of our Baptist Theology class. I guess he didn't mind too much...
26. I climbed to the top of the dome of Jewett not once, but twice during my tenure as a Judson student. (For those of you who aren't "Judson girls," you just need to know that this was against the rules. It was one of the few rules I was willing to break.)
27. I really enjoy watching Gilmore Girls and want to start collecting all of the seasons on DVD.
28. I have read or listened to all four of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. Not my most impressive feat I admit, but they were quite amusing.
29. I love Duke basketball, but not as much as my husband.
30. I have watched Duke (men and women) play in Cameron Stadium. It's phenomenal. If anyone wants to visit, I can usually get tickets for women's games.
31. I'm taking a French for reading course this summer so that I can pass my language proficiency exam. I do not like it.
32. I don't like to "cuddle."
33. I worked as the interim youth and children's minister at Park Road Baptist Church in Charlotte the summer after I graduated from Divinity School. I had a blast!
34. I love to travel, especially with my husband.
35. I'm 27 years old and still in school.
36. I have only had summers off from school since I started kindergarten at age 5.
37. People always ask me when I'm going to finish school and get a "real" job. I don't find it amusing.
38. Being a Ph.D. student and a TA is my real job. I get paid to do it.
39. I didn't change my last name when I got married. The people in the Autauga county court house tried to convince me that it automatically changed when I got married, but I knew they had no idea what they were talking about. I figured it would be easier to keep my own surname given that Chad and I both hope to be professors and will be publishing and all. I go by Mrs. Eggleston in some social situations, however, for convenience's sake.
40. I love to bake, but I don't like to clean the dirty dishes.
41. I flew out of our go-cart and my brother rode over my back when I was little.
42. He subsequently made me promise not to tell so that Mom and Dad wouldn't make us stop riding it.
43. I love fair trade stores that sell handcrafts from around the world. My local favorite is One World Market.
44. When I get pregnant, I don't want to tell people the sex of the baby even if we find out because I don't want all blue or pink. There are other colors people - GAH!
45. I spent three weeks in London taking a class one summer during college.
46. I saw Phantom of the Opera while I was there and it was AWESOME.
47. I really like Diet Dr. Pepper, but I'm trying to cut back on caffeine right now so I've been suffering headaches this week.
48. I teach children's Sunday School at our church. I've been considering taking next year off since I have my doctoral exams in February.
48. I play in our church handbell choir. I love those folks!!!
50. I really want to adopt a child in addition to having biological children.
Now wasn't that fun? I tag Melissa, Susan, Mandy T, Christy, and Sarah. You must list 50 facts about yourselves. Have fun. I can't wait to read all about you!