Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tip Tuesday - Pesto saving

Yes, I'm going to address my last post...eventually. I'm just trying to gather my thoughts a bit more first.

So, tip for today.

I made some pesto this summer when we got some fresh basil from our CSA. To "ration" it for further use, I froze it in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, I popped it out of the ice cube tray and stored the cubes in a ziploc freezer bag. Now when I want pesto, I can unfreeze a couple of cubes and PRESTO! Yeah, I know it's a corny joke, but it's late. I'll try to put the recipe up eventually, but I'm too lazy to go find it right now.

3 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I miss you soooo much friend...I need some Mandy time to make tea, bake some bread...maybe even enjoy some frozen pesto...and solve all the world's problems!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the tip. What do I put pesto in anyway?

My poor future husband...lol.

I miss you!

Unknown said...

Mandy - glad to see you are still doing tips. I think I've run out of inspiration for right now. :) What DO you put pesto in?

Swidget 1.0 2