Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year!

Or, should I say Happy Leap Day? Since it only comes around every four years, I'm really not sure which one is the correct thing to say. All the same, happy 29th day of February.

On this wonderful leap day evening, I'm sitting at home trying to avoid doing work. I know that I need to be studying, but I'm not. I'm sure that I'll do a little reading before I go to bed, but I'm just having a hard time getting motivated.

In other news, Chad flew down to GA this evening to spend the weekend with his parents (his mom's birthday is tomorrow). I'm enjoying the quiet right now, but I'm sure I'll be ready for him to return by Sunday night. He's keeping me sane these days. Not to mention that he's keeping me fed. Before he left he made sure to remind me that I needed to make sure and eat well this weekend while he's away (and drink plenty of water). He knows me well :-)

In still other news, I received my very own "Belly Dance: prenatal fitness & dance instruction program" DVD yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I'll let you know how it goes. I must admit that I'm pretty excited about the "organic, flowing, energizing movement of bellydance" that's suppose "to improve abdominal control and awareness, relieve aches and discomfort associated with pregnancy, promote better circulation, avoid swelling and cramping and prevent excessive weight gain." It's also supposed to help tone my pelvic floor muscles so hooray for that. AND, to top it all off: "it offers a fantastic motivation to stay beautiful and graceful throughout the pregnancy - in touch with your inner goddess!" Yeah, I'm thinking I should try this out while Chad's away, you know, just in case my inner goddess is as graceful as my outer one.

1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

okay so this makes me laugh...you have to let me know if the dvd works, because i must have one!! :)

Swidget 1.0 2