Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I was tagged...

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. I'm choosing to answer the questions based on the traditions that Chad and I have started/are starting rather than what our respective families did/do. :-)

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the shape of the present, but I prefer paper so that I can put a pretty bow on it (yes, I realize this is a bit environmentally irresponsible).
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial - why kill a tree if you don't have to?
3. When do you put up the tree? Around Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Epiphany (January 6)
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't believe I've ever tried it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm not good at picking favorites, but one of my favorites was the beautiful doll house my Granddaddy made for me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? some of the men folk
8. Easiest person to buy for? this year - CADY, hands down
9. Do you have a nativity scene? We're currently displaying 3 of them. Chad has hidden all of the baby Jesuses as he claims they shouldn't be in the manger yet, and all of the wise men are currently journeying to the stable (they'll arrive by epiphany!). Yup, we're nerds.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I LOVE to send and receive mail. Christmas cards, letters, and pictures are especially fun.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I guess I've blocked that out.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? One (of the many) is A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping? usually in November, but sometimes I find stuff even earlier. I like to pick things up throughout the year, but I hate having to store them for a long time. Plus, I forget where I put things!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but I don't remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I believe I must refrain from answering this question. Suffice it to say, I enjoy indulging in a multitude of "sins."
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, small white lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have no idea...I really like O Come All Ye Faithful though
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? we travel - it's a marathon, really
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yep
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? whenever we're with family...we'll have four Christmases this year
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? final exams and papers - taking and/or grading them!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This is not necessarily a theme, but I like that a lot of our ornaments have a "story." It's fun to remember who gave an ornament to us or who made it or where we bought it. It's not simply a hodge-podge though; I try to bring it all together a little (would I be me if I didn't?). This year the tree has some fake poinsettias strategically placed in the holes. We have coordinating ribbon to match our tree skirt too (deep red and gold), but it didn't make it up this year...at least not yet (maybe Mom and Mrs. Sharon can help me with it this weekend...we'll see)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Grandma's dressing
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? new camera
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? a person who wants to procrastinate doing their "real" work (like me)
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? someone who thinks these things a waste of time :-)

I will tag...whoever wants to be tagged!

3 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Very fun!

Christy Ross said...

I've checked your blog 3 times today waiting on Wordless Wednesday. You have me addicted!

Mandy Mc said...

Sorry for the delay, Christy! It's a busy week. I must note that the picture above was taken at my grandparents' house. That is NOT my Atlanta Braves ornament on a tree :-)

Swidget 1.0 2