Because I'm infinitely interesting...okay so really it's because I'm avoiding the inevitable (writing my dissertation proposal), I decided to do a different list of 25 things for my blog. If you're reading and you need an excuse to avoid work just a little while longer, consider yourself tagged.
1. I recycle.
2. I'm a people pleaser.
3. I procrastinate as is illustrated by this blog.
4. When I was in high school (10th grade, I think), I wanted to be a biblical archeologist for awhile. My reasons: I could wear shorts, hiking boots, my hair in a ponytail, and no makeup...every single day :-)
5. We only own one television and we don't have cable.
6. We have seriously considered living sans television when we move this summer.
7. I don't like eggplant, mushrooms, pickles, or olives.
8. I'd love to have three children and I'd be perfectly happy if all of them were girls (I'm not opposed to having a boy; I just always thought it would be fun to have sisters. Judson confirmed that for me!).
9. I played intramural field hockey and basketball in college. It was fun.
10. I dated a lot in college. Looking back, I wish that I'd been more involved on campus and spent more time hanging out with my girlfriends instead.
11. I'd love to write a hymn that could be sung in church. That being said, I love hymns. I usually (as in almost always) prefer them to praise choruses in worship. I like praise and worship music, but not on Sunday mornings. Call me a stick in the mud, but I'm very traditional that way.
12. That being said, my daughter has a lot of Praise Baby CDs and we LOVE them. She often goes to sleep at night with one playing. It's especially sweet rocking music.
13. I'm moving to Montgomery this summer because my husband got a job teaching in the Religion department at Huntingdon College. I'm excited, scared, nervous, sad, and so many other things all at the same time. Moving back to AL...hmm...
14. My husband and I like dogs, but we don't own any and we don't want to. Neither of us would be able to stand all the dog hair in the house.
15. I'm excited about achieving my goal of being a college professor, but I'm not sure it's what I'll do for the rest of my life. I like to think that I won't want to retire from work; I'll just transition into another career.
16. If blood and other bodily fluids didn't totally gross me out, I think I'd want to be a midwife. They have a seriously cool job. Plus, the thought of opening a birthing center in Perry County is seriously exciting to me.
17. I enjoy being a mom, but I don't want to stay home full time. Part time, maybe, but I don't think I've got what it takes to make it work full time. That being said, I have much admiration for those of you who feel called to work with small children (your own or someone else's!).
18. I like to mail cards to people.
19. I once had a guinea pig named Squeaky.
20. I never really liked to cuddle until I had a baby. Now I love to cuddle her any time she'll let me.
21. I write thank you notes. Now, I don't always do so as promptly as I should, but I do write them...eventually :-)
22. Two of my favorite possessions are inherited: my great grandmother's china cabinet and my Memommy's dressing table.
23. I once kicked my tap shoe into the audience at a dress rehearsal for my dance recital. I think I cried.
24. I like to make lists, but am constantly disappointed by my inability to cross everything off of them.
25. Receiving my Real Simple magazine in the mail makes me happy. It's the little things!