Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cloth Diapers, part 3 (finally)

Sorry for the delay in getting this up. I'm posting some links below that I think you might find helpful. There's WAY more where this came from, but this should get you started. Be sure to let me know if you have questions. If there's something that you'd like to see or something you'd like to find, let me know that too. I'll likely continue to add to this list as I find helpful posts so check back if you're interested. Anna and/or Melissa Flo-Bix (and the rest of you!), let me know if you've found helpful links and I'll include them here too. We'll have our own little cloth diaper resource page of sorts :-)

Deals:


Diaper Deals - this website is supposed to be great for finding deals
Diaper Decisions - this website hosts a diaper hunt twice a year and lots of its vendors offer discounts during that time if you're registered for the hunt (which is free). I think the hunts are normally in May and November. I've definitely taken advantage of some of the discounts.

Cloth diapers and accessories (there are countless so consider this the tip of the iceberg!):


Diaper Swappers - great resource for used diapers
Little Jumping Beans - I really like this website. They have a rewards and referral program where you can earn points when you make a purchase or refer a friend. These points translate into free merchandise - woohoo! If you decide that you want to purchase something on their website, please, please, please let me know so that I can send you a referral e-mail. I may even use some of my points to buy something cool for you! :-)
Tiny Tush - love, love, LOVE their diaper pail liner; you can probably buy it on some of the other websites too
Good Mama - absolutely wonderful wetbags in beautiful patterns
Green Mountain Diapers - all around great resource
Baby Cotton Bottoms
Jillians Drawers - they have a great package deal where you can try several different kinds of cloth diapers for only $10

Cost Comparison:


Diaper Decisions
The Storkwearhouse

Blogs and How Tos:


New to Cloth Info - this is on the Green Mountain Diapers website
Cloth Diapering 101
Elimination Communication - My friend Melissa (whom I met at Duke) practices elimination communication with her little one. This is a great post, but you should check out her blog in general. She'll amaze and inspire you!
Cloth Diapers for Addie - My friend Anna decided to give cloth a try (and it stuck!). Read about her experience here.
Cloth Diaper Blog - I just found this one, but it looks pretty neat

Other:


Here's a great detergent comparison chart.

Cloth Diapers, Part 1
Cloth Diapers, Part 2

1 comment:

Christy Ross said...

a wet bag. I have to add that to the list. I learn something new with every cloth diaper blog!

you're my cloth diaper hero.

Swidget 1.0 2