Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Today I'm thankful for...

As the dissertation continues to loom over me, I find myself complaining a lot more than any one person should. And I don't just complain about the dissertation, I complain about any (even minor) annoyances that I encounter. A couple of things have happened lately that warranted some complaint (maybe), but I'm not doing really well on offering measured responses these days. As Chad has grown accustomed to saying to me, "don't turn into a fire monster." Sigh.

I don't want to be a fire monster and I certainly don't want my child OR husband to associate me with one. SO, in the interest of remembering all of the wonderful parts of my life, I'm making a list of ten things (in no particular order) that I am thankful for today, Wednesday, June 29, 2011. Some of them are big and some of them border on the silly, but they are the things that are keeping me grounded and plugging away word by word on my dissertation.

1. A husband that can read my work and discuss it with me. I've been stuck in a writing rut FOREVER. Chad read over my curent chapter "as-is" yesterday and gave me GREAT ideas for what to write next. Now, that is love.

2. Playing the "re-memory game" with Cady *almost* every day. Seriously, this has become one of my favorite things. It's so fun watching how excited she gets about having the "biggest stack of matches of ALL!"

3. DVDs - I've needed/wanted some veg-out time at night lately so I'm grateful for my collections of Gilmore Girls and Golden Girls DVDs. Enough said.

4. Hugs...especially hugs from Cady.

5. Our church - We are so blessed to call PBC home. The community there is absolutely lovely and I'm so grateful for the love and care that they show to Chad, Cady, and me.

6. Friends who sustain me. I have amazing friends. Thanks to all of you who have listened to me complain lately and love me anyway. I'm trying to get out of my funk. Promise.

7. Cady's new "bedtime" CD that she got for her birthday and her willingness to accept it. Chad and I needed a break from the old one. Ai-yai-yai!

8. My family is so very generous. I couldn't have pulled off C's 3rd birthday without all the help from my family. They are amazing. I also must express my thankfulness to live close enough to that I can stop in for family dinner or invite family over for an "everyday meal." I love it. I also love that my granddad ALWAYS finds something to fix when he comes to my house. It's so nice to be taken care of!

9. Strawberry limeades from Sonic. Yum.

10. VACATION - We are headed on vacation next week. We'll hit several locations, but the main event is going to Washington, D.C. to see my mom and stepdad. We're excited about taking C to see the portraits of all the Presidents :-)

P.S. I'm off facebook again for awhile. I have my notifications turned on to receive messages, but not wall posts, picture comments, etc. If you need me, contact me here or via e-mail. Oh, and if anything happens that I need to know about, please let me know. I'm counting on you gals to stalk for me ;-)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Just so you know...I'm thankful for you!

Swidget 1.0 2