Sunday, August 31, 2008

Catching up with "old" friends

Over the past week, we've had the joy of visiting with some of our friends that we don't get to see very often. Since it's late and I'm tired, I'll use the pictures to facilitate my story (I mean, that's really what most of you come here to see, right? ;-))

Here we are with my friend Lydia. She was in my youth group at PRBC and is now a freshman at UNC. We enjoyed catching up with her at church last Sunday. She even stayed for the student luncheon - yay!

This is my friend Kristin and her adorable chunk of a son, Isaac. Isaac will be one in December and really wanted to play with Cady :-) We had the chance to have lunch with Kristin, Sandy, and Isaac on Wednesday while Kristin was in town for some alumni council stuff at the Divinity School. We missed you other Div. gals at Elmo's!
On Friday I had the chance to meet up with Denise and her family for lunch. Denise and I went to college together back in the day and I haven't seen her since before I got married 4 years ago! I think that the last time I saw her she had one beautiful little girl and another on the way. Now she has 4 adorable (and well behaved, I might add) children. We enjoyed a brief visit at Chick-fil-A on Friday on their way back to Alabama.
Finally, Friday afternoon, I got the chance to meet up with April and Hollis in RTP. We didn't take any pictures this time, but we had a nice visit at McDonald's watching Hollis devour his chicken nuggets (that baby can EAT!) and play on the playground. We also enjoyed a little stroll around Pet Smart to look at the fish, birds, and cats. It is so wonderful having her so close!

It was so nice to catch up with all of these friends from four distinct times in my life this week. It was a great reminder of the joys of friendship. I feel so fortunate that God has granted me friends like these. It is wonderful to share in all of life's adventures (graduate school, new jobs, marriages, babies, etc.) with these folks. I hope that God grants Cady the same blessing of godly friends. Thank you to all of you who have been my friends throughout the years. I truly treasure each of you!!!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2