Monday, August 31, 2009

Publix and Walgreens

Tonight I headed to Publix so that I could pick up the penny item for this week. It was Greenwise toilet paper, which I was super excited about. I also had some coupons that expired today so I wanted to use them. I did okay, but not great. Here are my totals:

Total before sales and coupons: $40.32
Total spent: $26.89
Total saved: $13.43 or 33%

My super saving happened at Walgreens tonight. I bought carefree pantiliners, 2 toothbrushes, dental floss, and Rembrandt toothpaste. According to my calculations (which I think are right, but I'm having a little trouble figuring percentages tonight), here are my totals.

Total before sales and coupons: $22.16
Total spent: $7.47
Total saved: $14.69 or 66%
Register Rewards (RR) left for next time: $7

I split this up into two transactions so that I'd have less out of pocket costs. You could even do 3 transactions to split it up even more. If I had done this all in one transaction, I would have $12 in RR leftover, but I would have spent $12.47 out of pocket. SO, head over to Walgreens this week and pick up free toothpaste, a free toothbrush or two, and some free pantiliners (among other things). Need help matching the coupons, head over to Southern Savers weekly Walgreens add. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

If you or Cady need clothes or shoes, head over to Kohl's!!! I bought well over two hundred dollars worth of merchandise tonight for $55.00!!!

Mandy Mc said...

Oh my word! That's amazing! I just bought a few things at JC Penneys today and I got some good deals there (shirts for me for $5-$6!). Our parents keep Cady pretty well clothed, but I may have to see if there's anything Chad needs.

Swidget 1.0 2