Well, better late than never I suppose. I'm taking a tip from Sarah and posting goals instead of resolutions.
1. Read at least 25 books. I've finished 4 so far so I'm on my way. I may or may not post the names of the books here for you to see. :-)
2. Run at least 6 races. I ran 4 in 2009 so I think this is a good step-it-up a notch goal
3. Finish Cady's first year scrapbook
4. Finish the pregnancy scrapbook (can you tell I'm not much of a scrap booker?)
5. Make our own laundry detergent (did this once already so now to see how it works!)
6. Drink at least one glass of water a day. I realize this is ridiculous since I should be drinking 8, but it will be a step in the right direction.
7. Reduce the waste in our house (e.g., switch to cloth napkins, buy fresh foods instead of processed ones that require packaging, get the composter up and running, etc.)
8. Plant something in our garden
9. Write Cady's birth story...yeah, I still haven't done it (I want to do this one before she turns 2!)
10. Organize our CDs. I organized the DVDs (alphabetically, of course) over the Christmas holidays and now it's driving me crazy that the CDs are strewn around everywhere. They must be corralled!
And now a few professional goals:
1. Write 3 chapters of my dissertation
2. Present a paper at a conference
4. Submit a paper proposal to the American Academy of Religion (I've never submitted to this conference before...always too scared. It's a really big one)
5. Submit a paper proposal for the Young Scholars in the Baptist Academy meeting (again, I have little hope that it will be accepted, but I'm going to try)
I'm going to try to post updates every couple of weeks to let my adoring fans know how I'm doing. Actually, I'm mostly going to post updates to hold myself accountable. The days slip by much faster with a toddler, it seems. I fear if I don't try to chronicle my progress I'll wake up one day to find it's 2015 and I'm still on book 5!