Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 Goals...6 months in

Personal goals:

1. Read at least 25 books. I've finished 12 - go me! Number 13 is Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells. I hope to finish it before the end of the month.
2. Run at least 6 races. No races yet, but I have started running again so that's a start. Chad and I are hoping to make our re-running debut at Cullman's Midnight run in August.
3. Finish Cady's first year scrapbook - HA. That's funny.
4. Finish the pregnancy scrapbook - Nope.
5. Make our own laundry detergent - We're loving our homemade detergent. I imagine we'll continue using this. I love not having to buy detergent.
6. Drink at least one glass of water a day. As pitiful as it is, I'm still not doing this.
7. Reduce the waste in our house - we've switched to cloth napkins for the most part and are composting some. I need to be a more diligent composter though.
8. Plant something in our garden - done and done. Now if I can just harvest something to eat out of it.
9. Write Cady's birth story...yeah, I still haven't done it (I want to do this one before she turns 2!) - Big fat fail!!! I really need to knock this out. Perhaps I'll use the write or die website :-)
10. Organize our CDs. - I've worked on this, but some of my CDs are in Chad's office so it's still not finished.

And now a few professional goals - finished 4 of the 5 so far...now there's nothing to do but work on that glorious dissertation!

1. Write 3 chapters of my dissertation - turned in one - YAY!
2. Present a paper at a conference - presented one and will present another in July so CHECK!
3. Preach - preached 3 times in 2010 so far - CHECK!
4. Submit a paper proposal to the American Academy of Religion (I've never submitted to this conference before...always too scared. It's a really big one) - submitted and rejected. SCORE! In all seriousness, I'll wear this as a badge of honor. Many, many of my colleagues have been rejected over the years so I'm proud to call myself an AAR reject now too. I'll try again next year, but CHECK!
5. Submit a paper proposal for the Young Scholars in the Baptist Academy meeting (again, I have little hope that it will be accepted, but I'm going to try) - This paper was accepted - SCORE...and CHECK!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2