Sunday, June 27, 2010

Update on fellowships/conferences

The final tally on the fellowship applications: 0/7

Final tally on the conference proposals: 2/4

Somehow getting a trip here for one of the conferences takes the sting out of receiving ZERO of the fellowships. I know that perpetual rejection mixed with random rewards is what I signed up for in this career so I might as well get used to it now. I have a feeling many more rejection letters, e-mails, etc. await. Thankfully, I've learned that I can cope (after a brief self-loathing/career questioning phase, of course) and even congratulated (sincerely) my amazingly brilliant friend who did receive one of the coveted Louisville fellowships. Obviously, I'm still hoping for a "yes" every once in awhile, (namely when it comes to passing my blasted dissertation in the next year or two), but for now I think I'll practice my hula. :-)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Woo hoo for Hawaii, and yay for looking at the positives and not always the negatives, which is all too easy to do in academia. You go girl!

Swidget 1.0 2