Thursday, August 18, 2011

Updated Book List

Being sick followed by a beach vacation allowed me to get lots of fun reading done. Now, it's back to journal articles and scholarly monographs, which are exciting in their own special way. :-)

11) Mama, Ph.D: Women Write About Motherhood and Academic Life, edited by Elrena Evans and Caroline Grant - completed in August

12) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - completed in August

13) Sex in the South: Unbuckling the Bible Belt by Suzi Parker - completed in August - I thought this one might be helpful for my dissertation, but it wasn't really...oh well.

14) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - completed in August

15) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - completed in August

16) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - completed in August

3 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

So what did you think of the Hunger Games books?? They completely sucked me in!

Mandy Mc said...

I still think about them! Seriously, I can't let the saga go. I read them while we were at the beach last week...all three in three days :-) What about you?

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Me either. I re-read them almost immediately and am somewhat excited about the movies coming out (I hope they are true to the books).

They have definitely given me a lot of food for thought!

Swidget 1.0 2