Friday, November 25, 2011

Handmade Holiday Challenge, Gifts #2 and 3

Like several of you, I've been intrigued with the many internet tutorials for rice heating pads. I have a heating pad that I adore so I wanted to model these gifts on it. Unfortunately my sewing skills are so limited that I kept ending up with inside bags and outside covers that didn't match up. It was ridiculous. I became quite good with a seam ripper. So I consulted several of the tutorials, wrote down some measurements and instructions, and tried again. These two are for Chad's grandmothers (I think). They are different sizes, but I'm really happy with how they turned out. The longer, skinner one is roughly the size of the one on Sew, Mama, Sew. Instead of rice and essential oils, I decided to use deer corn as the filler per this tutorial. My dad picked up a 40 pound bag for me at Academy and I bought some cotton flannel on sale at Jo-Ann's today so I'll be able to make lots of these things ;-)







No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2