Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lovin' every minute of it?

Sometimes I feel like I've accomplished ZERO professionally this academic year. Of course, that's not true, but not yet turning in a chapter of the dissertation makes it feel that way. So the next time you hear me complaining about not getting anything accomplished this year, please direct me back to this blog. Of course, it remains to be seen whether the time spent on these proposals will pay off (literally). The "NO's" are starting to roll in on the fellowships so I'm not too optimistic at this point. BUT, the fellowship I really wanted is still out there so no tears have been shed...yet.

Fellowship Applications:
1. Price Fellowship - NO
2. Summer Research Fellowship - NO
3. NABPR Dissertation Fellowship (no idea when this is announced)
4. Woodrow Wilson Women's Studies Award - NO
5. Louisville Dissertation Fellowship (should hear in April)
6. Charlotte Newcombe - NO
7. Kearns Summer Research Fellowship - NO

Conference Proposals:
1. NABPR - YES! This conference meets at Mercer University May 24-26. Anyone want to join me? You can crash for free in my hotel room.
2. AAR (should hear in the next month or so) - AAR meets in Atlanta in November
3. ASCH (should know something in late April or early May) - ASCH meets in Boston next January
4. YSBA (should find out this month) - This is the truly long shot meeting. It convenes in Honolulu, HI in July. Fingers doubly crossed that it works out!

Alright, back to work. Now that the last proposal of the year has been turned in (woo-hoo), I have no excuse for not getting some dissertation writing done. I'm thinking today is the day. Even typing that sentence overwhelms me. But, today's as good a day as any to make it happen.

1 comment:

Criddy said...

I'll come crash since it's near my house!! :)

Swidget 1.0 2