Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Countdown to summer...

I think I'm even more excited about summer this year than when I was in college! Okay, maybe not, but I am seriously excited about it. Why? Because I have an entire summer of writing ahead of me. No conferences (There was hope of one in Prague, but I got a big fat NO from the YSBA this year. Bummer. Seriously, I was bummed.), no big travel plans (other than a research trip), and no teaching (WOOHOO). I can't wait. The dissertation is still a pain in the tail, but I'm looking forward to some uninterrupted time to get reacquainted with it. Please don't be offended if you don't see me a lot this summer. I love you, but it's time to hole up and git 'er dun as folks like to say around these parts. I'm hopeful that this is my last summer EVER as a student. EEK. Bring on the late nights, excesses of caffeine, and jeans with a t-shirt uniform. Bring it.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2