Sunday, February 06, 2011

Handmade Holiday Challenge, Grand Total

My original goal was to make 5 Christmas presents and some reusable gift bags this year. I exceeded my goal though some gifts were not finished until after Christmas (and they say that nothing good comes from procrastinating one's dissertation!). Here's the final tally of the projects I managed to complete.

Presents Made:

Bow Boards for Cady, EvaClaire, Anne Perry and Audrey Kate
Bow Holder for Madison
Flexi-Cowl for April
Heating Pads for Grandma E, Grandma C, Grandma K, and Mom
Ruffle Scarf for Mandy
Car Caddies for Addie, Cady, and Hollis
Strawberry Jam for Cady's school teachers (we paired it with a gift certificate to Cafe Louisa's Bakery - YUM)
Freezer Meals for Sheri and Steven (our wonderful minister of music)
Baked goods for our pastor, minister to youth, Cady's SS teachers, and Mr. Joe (one of our favorites at church)

I admit that the fabric pouches and furoshiki wraps took longer to make than I anticipated so I did not get as many made as I would have liked. I'll try to add to the stash over the next year.

Overall, I'd say my efforts were a success. I know that I enjoyed making (most :-)) of these things and I certainly hope the recipients enjoy using them. Since I received a brand new sewing machine for Christmas, I'm looking forward to making even more gifts next year!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2